Functional Features Of Liferay DXP
Functional Features Of Liferay DXP
Liferay 7 brings a spark in digital experience market with its series of functional features and redefine the meaning of word “customer experience”. Liferay 7 has plenty of functional features. It offers a broad spectrum of intuitive, dynamic and time saving features, which make it a highly demanding enterprise web platform.
The various functional features of Liferay 7 are:
- New default look and feel: The default theme for sites (known as classic) has been updated to provide a modern, mobile friendly, flat and very clean look.
- Predefined decoration for application and content, more configuration in theme and navigation via the site administrator and not the developer.
- Mobile SDK for iOS and Android along with Liferay Screens, which is another way to develop native mobile experiences.
- Liferay 7 now supports @mentions for blog entries and has improved the ability to comment, to keep users engaged. New blog authoring will provide a better user experience.
- Liferay Forms with multiple pages as well as polling capability.
- Better Simulation.
- Single Page Application: requires new 7 UI for existing applications and frameworks. Liferay 7 will automatically convert any portlet into SPA. For example, a page with two portlets is converted to SPA. Response time went from 2 seconds to 0.7 seconds. Data went from 1,300 KB to 67.9 KB. Requests went from 42 to 11. SPA will be applied to all of the Out of the Box portlets.
- New Forms Experience: Liferay 7 includes a brand new application that allows defining and publishing advanced dynamic forms. The forms can have complex multi-column layouts and span several pages. They can be published in any Liferay site just by dropping the form into a page or also Google Forms style, by providing a URL that links directly to a full page form. Many field types are included out of the box and custom types can be added by deploying custom modules. Forms can also be integrated with Liferay’s workflow system to submit forms through a predefined process.
- Optimized Content Authoring: Liferay 7 has brand new WYSIWYG editor and Alloy Editor. In addition to this, many small improvements have been added such as, the ability to organize web content in folders, visual content diffs, reuse of content structures and templates across sites.
- Geolocate any content: Liferay 7 provides the ability to geolocate all web content, data lists, documents & media. It also provides the ability to leverage the power of Liferay’s Asset Publisher to create lists of geolocalized content and publish them in a Map..
- Improved blogs, forum and wiki: Forum and Wiki applications have also seen incremental improvements targeted towards encouraging usage and engagement.
- Easier to use staging for the most advanced scenarios: Publishing from staging to live is now as easy as clicking one button. And for more advanced publishing scenarios, it’s now possible to save advanced configurations and reuse them to ensure successful publications every time..
- New image, file and media selector: Liferay’s new media selector has been designed to make the common operations easy. Not only that, it’s highly extensible so that new sources of media such as Google, Flickr, YouTube can be added to any application using the selector.
- Web Content Articles now requires a Structure and Template: Web content is now required to use a structure and template. A default structure and template named Basic Web Content was added to the global scope, and can be modified or deleted. This change gives users the flexibility to modify the default structure and template.
- New loader & Progress bar: It provides a good look to user and user can identify that some action is going on.
- To reduce the startup time of application, Liferay 7 extracted many out of the box portlets, features, and associated APIs as OSGi modules which has ultimately reduced the start-up time of application and which enables the clients to use all this as per requirement.
- Liferay 7 has supported OSGI modular based environment, so that we can deploy and undeploy bundles while hot deployment. Another advantage is that one can run different versions for same application at the same time.
- Liferay 7 has supported default message system. It has used time out for success message. For error message, it provides option to close by user.
- Liferay 7 use AngularJS which provides functionality for single page application.
- Service builder code use declarative services instead of spring for dependency injection.
Few changes in Control Panel like –
- Dockbar of control panel is replaced by the toggle menu button of Liferay 7 which is present at left side of page.
- Liferay 7 enables user to change look and feel of the page just in one click.
- In Organization Section, all organizations are of regular type, location is defined and area is optional.